Hot flashes and night sweats are the most common complaint from menopausal women — it affects roughly three-quarters of all women in perimenopause. Hot flashes are most likely caused by hormonal changes in the body and this herbal blend will help balance your hormones and keep hot flashes in check.
Motherwort is a great herb to help with menopausal symptoms by balancing hormonal systems. Because of it’s calming effects, it can aid in a variety of menopausal symptoms, including including irritability, hot flashes, night sweats, anxiety, heart palpitations and insomnia.
For years, herbalists have been recommending sage tea for women suffering from hot flashes and night sweats. More recently, Dr. Oz, America’s TV doctor, has also recommended sage extract as a natural remedy for night sweats and hot flashes. In a groundbreaking study, menopausal women treated with a daily tablet of fresh sage leaves for eight weeks experience significantly less hot flashes.
What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoons dried motherwort
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried alfalfa
What to do
- Mix all the herbs together
- Boil 1.5 cups water, add 1 tablespoon of herb mixture and steep until cool enough to drink
- Strain and drink in small amounts whenever hot flashes strike